Fri 19th January
11:00am - 1:00pm
St Thomas' Church
In recognition of and thanks for the grant funding St Thomas’ has received through the Heritage Lottery Fund, National Churches Trust, Garfield West Foundation and Allchurches Trust we are holding a celebration event for the completion of much needed repairs and improvement works to our church building.
We have invited Civic and Diocesan guests including the Archdeacon of Dudley, Nikki Groarke.
The work included:
- New masonry – much needed repairs to external brickwork.
- A new entrance ramp with ornate handrails on the south side of the church.
- New internal automatic doors.
- A new toilet inside the church – we didn’t have one before!
The programme for the event will be:
- Reception in the church.
- A short talk on the history and fabric of the church and what this project has achieved.
- Service of thanks.
- An opportunity to walk around the church with Tour Guides and view the restored stonework.
- Buffet lunch in church hall.
- Exhibition and slideshow of before and after photographs.
- Discussions about our hopes and plans for future improvement and restoration projects.
The event is open to the public. If you wish to attend we would like you to register your interest to allow us to cater for expected numbers. Please contact the Parish Office by 10.00am on Thursday 18th January.